Thursday, August 13, 2026

Off and Away, for Realsies

 I'm kind of glad we had a do-over with the send-off.  The second time, it was just Rob and I with her.  We'd had a few days to get used to the idea.  That didn't stop Rob from wearing sunglasses the entire day, even indoors, so no one could see him crying.  But this time, Rob and I could grieve alone, as we watched our baby girl go through security and slip away.  A year will be a really long time.  She is so excited, so ready to start this adventure.  She will do great, I have not the slightest doubt.  But there is a whole lot of adjusting for Rob and I to do without her, and we weren't quite ready for her to go.  But go she did.

Goodbye, little girl who's not so little anymore!  God be with you!


Colby had to work, so said his goodbye at home. 







Rob and I went outside and watched the plane take off.

Reagan caught a glimpse of us from her window.  We don't look pathetic at all, hanging on the fence, right?

You can't see her, but she's staring at us through the window, just above the wing.









No comments: