Wednesday, August 12, 2026

Goodbye with Grandpa, Take Two

 On our way to the airport yesterday, Grandpa Al called in a panic.  He hadn't realized Reagan's visit on Monday was to say GOODBYE!  He thought we had just stopped by for fun!  And now she was gone and he'd never see her again!  

"Yes, you will!" I told him.  "She's only gone a year!"  

" I have to stay alive a whole year, so I can see her again?" says he.  YES.  Yes, you do.

He was distraught.  Poor Grandpa.  It broke my heart, hearing him tear up on the phone like that, worried that he wouldn't see his youngest grandchild again this side of the veil. Well, luckily, little Miss' flight had been cancelled, so she COULD go out to eat with Grandpa and say a proper goodbye.



This pup is also going to miss his girl.




No comments: