Sunday, August 18, 2013

Summer. At last.

Today.... felt like summer.  At last.  I'm guessing we got to 80 or so today, although I haven't heard the official stats.  Dad and Quinn are camping, so it was Colby, Reagan and I holding down the fort.  Soccer was the order of the day.  Both kids did great!  Colby had his first "header" during his game, and did awesome as goalie.  Reagan actually participated in her game... running after and kicking the ball!  Multiple times!  Every single time, the wrong way ~ but who cares! 

We brainstormed how we wanted to spend the rest of the day, but ended up just staying home and enjoying the yard.  Napping on the swing outside on a warm summer day just really can't be beat.  The kids started out wanting to sleep outside, but the mosquitos drove them indoors within an hour.  Oh well.  We tried.

So here's something I've noticed.  Changing the number of children in the house throws off the dynamics in such a pleasant way.  Colby and Reagan, who are normally at each other's throats, played like best friends for hours.  Reagan was in HEAVEN, being included instead of always the "pesky little sister".  I love having all three of my kids home, but it is certainly more PEACEFUL when it's only a combination of any two!

This is a fuzzy picture, but we suddenly have a whole SLEW of bumble bees in our yard.  My sis and brother-in-law live about 2 miles away, and they just ordered thousands of honey bees and a hive.... I'm wondering if we have them to thank for the buzzing around our lavender??  It's been years since we've seen any honey bees around....

Apples are abundant, but not quite ripe yet.











 

 
 






 
 
 

No comments: