Saturday, July 22, 2017

Cramming Summer

The day started off with a nice long walk... my first since surgery.  Then, it was Mommy/Daddy time.  YAY for canoeing!!!  HOW I needed this!!  There were quite a few bugs, and quite a few downed trees, but... oh to be out on the water in the summer again.  YES.  After a delicious (if I do say so myself) home-made dinner, Rob said "the day is not over yet!  I have one more surprise for you!"  That surprise was a ride into town on our bikes.... with a stop for strawberry lemonade ;).  What a great, beautiful day.  THIS is summer.  THIS is what I've been missing all along, and THIS is how I hope we get to enjoy the remaining short days we have left!!  Kids may be having a blast at grandma and grandpa's house, but finally, so are Mom and Dad!  P.S.  I'm in desperate need of a pain pill right now, but it was SO WORTH IT.  You can tell by how often I am using CAPS and exclamation points in this post!!!













No comments: