Oh, wonderful day!!! 50 degrees! Our three feet of snow is slowly melting into acres of mud!!! I feel like dancing. Rob asked "is there a cat in the house? What is that sound?" It was ME, whistling at the top of my lungs. He asked why I was so happy. Isn't it obvious? Sun. Warmth. Melting snow. Do you know what this MEANS??? SPRING!!! Spring is coming!!!!! No more fighting with preschoolers to get into snow pants! No more lost gloves! No more crying kids not wanting to play outside because it's too cold! No more car doors frozen OPEN while driving to work!!! No more chimney fires! No more seeing only snow when looking out the glass door! I'm deleriously happy. I hope this all isn't a cruel joke. I hope there's not more winter lurking around the corner, luring us into a false sense of happiness at the prospect of it's end. Rob and I calculated.... it's been 4 1/2 months of SOLID SNOW. Hard Winter. We've done the time. Now we're ready for flowers and green grass and life outdoors again. Please oh please. 


No comments:
Post a Comment